by Katie Watson, Public Affairs
Six professors at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign have been chosen to participate in the Big Ten Academic Alliance Academic Leadership Program. The 2020-2021 program fellows include:
- Nicole Allen, psychology;
- Amy Ando, agricultural and consumer economics;
- Xiuling Li, electrical and computer engineering;
- Linda Moorhouse, School of Music;
- Christopher Prom, University Library; and
- Shaowen Wang, geography and geographic information science
Led by the Committee on Executive Leadership, the Academic Leadership Program aims to identify faculty who have demonstrated exceptional ability and administrative promise and to prepare participants for future leadership roles through a program including seminars and individual campus activities.
Participants in the Academic Leadership Program attend a series of three seminars through the year that are held at BTAA institutions on a rotational basis. In addition to the seminars, BTAA ALP fellows also participate in monthly meetings on the Illinois campus that will familiarize them with campus leaders, campus units and campus strategic goals.
Chancellor Robert Jones and Provost Andreas Cangellaris are both alumni of the Big Ten Academic Alliance Academic Leadership Program.