Urbana, IL 61801
I am a human geographer with expertise in human-environment interactions, GIS, development and state theory, as well as African studies. My research uses inter/ multidisciplinary approaches in exploring the ways in which African countries maximize their engagements with China. My ongoing research examines the environmental, socio-cultural, and politico-economic dimensions of the China-sponsored Bui Dam in Ghana.
- Ph.D., University of Minnesota
- MA, University of Minnesota
- BA, University of Ghana
GEOG 101: Global Development and Environment
GEOG 106: Geography of Globalization
GEOG/ ESE 210: Contemporary Environmental and Social Issues
Additional Campus Affiliations
Center for African Studies
- Adovor Tsikudo, Kwame. (2021). Creative Destruction, Pentecostalism, and the Spectacle of Ghana’s National Cathedral. Journal of Contemporary African Studies. Forthcoming
Adovor Tsikudo, Kwame. (2021). Soft Power the Chinese Water Machine? How Bui Dam (Re)shaped China-Ghana Relations. Canadian Journal of African Studies. Forthcoming
Adovor Tsikudo, Kwame. (2021), Energy Justice and Sustainable Community Development in Bui.. Manuscript under preparation.
- Adovor Tsikudo, Kwame., (2020). Ghana’s Bui Hydropower Dam and Linkage Creation Challenges. Forum for Development Studies. P. 1 – 22. https://doi.org/10.1080/08039410.2020.1858953
- Adovor Tsikudo, Kwame., (2019). China-Africa Relations Beyond the Narratives. In Africa and Emerging Global Dynamics. (Eds), Osondu-Oti, A. and Oluwatoki, J (Cambridge Scholars Publishers). ISBN13: 978-1-5275-1674-8
- Adovor Tsikudo, Kwame., Amankwaa, E. F., & Bowman, J. (2017). 'Away is a place: The Impact of Electronic Waste Recycling on Blood Lead Levels in Ghana. The Science of the Total Environment, 601, p. 1566-1574. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2017.05.283
- Adovor Tsikudo, Kwame., Amankwaa, E. F., & Bowman, J. (2016). Recyclers at risk? Analyzing the Health Impact of E-waste Workers in Agbogbloshie, Accra. International Growth Center, UK.